Many small business owners think that insurance is too expensive or that they can just go without it. But what they don’t realize is that four out of ten business will experience a property or liability loss in the next ten years. Topping the list for most common is burglary and theft but thanks to the internet age the most costly for small business owners is reputation harm that includes violation of privacy, libel, and slander coming in at a whopping $50k. The majority of small businesses would not be able to survive such a claim, and some may not have the funds or resources to keep the doors open after some of these other costly scenarios either. At Jim Boyce Insurance we are here to provide Charlotte, NC business owners with tools they need to run a successful business.
Most Costly Reported Claims
- Reputation Harm ($50,000) Less than 5% of all claims filed
- Vehicle Accident ($45,000) Less than 5% of all claims filed
- Product Liability ($35,000) Less than 5% of all claims filed
- Fire ($35,000) 10% of all claims filed
- Customer Injury or Damage ($30,000) Less than 5% of all claims filed
- Wind and Hail Damage ($26,000) 15% of all claims filed
- Customer Slip and Fall ($20,000) 10% of all claims filed
- Water and Freezing Damage ($17,000) 15% of all claims filed
- Struck by an Object ($10,000) Less than 5% of all claims filed
- Burglary and Theft ($8,000) 20% of all claims filed
It’s important to note that these numbers only represent those that carry commercial insurance and have filed claims. These situations play out every day for those that don’t have insurance as well.
Could your business survive if you have you had one of the above happen to you? At Jim Boyce Insurance we want to make sure Charlotte, NC businesses are protected.