5 Motorcycle Insurance Add-ons to Consider

You know that you aren’t optimally covered against all risks when you purchase motorcycle insurance. Thankfully, you can buy “add-ons” or “riders” to boost your motorcycle insurance policy. Since there are several add-ons to consider, Jim Boyce Insurance of Matthews, NC is here to guide you on the ones you can pick out.

Roadside assistance

You need this coverage if you regularly use your two-wheeler away from your home. This insurance policy comes to your rescue when your bike stalls when you are away from your residence. The breakdown could be a dead battery, electrical mishaps, punctures, or running out of gas. Whatever the reason, road assistance coverage has you covered.

Umbrella insurance

Are you a high-net-worth individual? You need umbrella insurance when faced with expensive lawsuits. Umbrella insurance takes over from where your conventional motorcycle insurance leaves off, protecting your assets and earnings.

Zero depreciation

If you want compensation for the full amount of what your bike is worth, you need to consider zero depreciation coverage. This policy shields you from depreciation, ensuring you get full compensation for what your bike is worth if it were to be replaced today.

Uninsured/underinsured motorist (UI/UIM) coverage

After a crash, it can be frustrating to find out that the other motorist at fault doesn’t have enough insurance. Or worse yet, they aren’t covered at all! The only route to recover the damage is through suing, which can be costly and time-consuming. However, you don’t need to go the long route of lawsuits if you have UI/UIM coverage.

Engine protect

Suppose your bike’s engine is damaged because of waterlogging or oil leakage. Typical motorcycle insurance won’t pay for the damage in such a case. However, engine damage is well covered if you have “engine protect” coverage.

Want to learn more about motorcycle insurance in Matthews, NC? Please get in touch with Jim Boyce Insurance for more information.